The holiday season is here, and we’re jumping for joy! Some of the best parts about December are the holiday movie marathons that take place. We can’t wait to sit around the house in our PJs, watching these classics with our loved ones. Here are some of our favorite holiday movies and why we love them!
1. It’s a Wonderful Life – The most classic Christmas movie ever. Clarence and Zuzu’s petals and the Bank and Loan and Jimmy Stewart in the 40’s, ah. It’s a Christmas Eve tradition to drink egg nog, watch the whole movie and then catch the Santa tracker on the local broadcast station. Don’t forget: every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings!
2. Home Alone – Where are all the ’90s kids at? It’s hard not to watch this movie every year, as it seems to be on every channel at all hours of the day (which is perfectly okay with us). KEVIN?!?!?! Beware: the sequels are terrible (except the second one, according to Rachel).
3. A Christmas Story – The nostalgia! There’s nothing better than getting to relive your nerdy, dysfunctional childhood all over again. We can’t wait to watch this one and quote along with every iconic line. Thank goodness for the 24 hour marathon on TBS!
4. Elf – It’s hard to believe this one didn’t exist before 2004 – it’s such a classic! Just your typical movie about accidentally being transported to the North Pole as a toddler to be raised alongside Santa’s elves…wait, what? Buddy the Elf is absolutely hilarious, and if you aren’t constantly quoting this movie in your everyday life, you’re doing things wrong. SANTAAAAA!!!!!!
5. Eighty Crazy Nights – An animated Hanukkah movie might not be top of mind for a holiday classic, but it’s definitely one to remember. Invite your Jewish friends over and sing The Chanukah Song at the top of your lungs – “instead of one day of presents, we get eight crazy nights!”
What are some of your favorite holiday movies to watch during the winter season? Let us know in the comments below!