Working in public relations means lots of business trips to trade shows, conventions and client meetings. While we absolutely love traveling with our clients and have a lot of fun doing it, we find it can be difficult to stay healthy during these trips. In between prepping clients on their talking points and delivering media drops, how do the ladies of Wellington Group maintain a healthy lifestyle on the road? Read on to find out!
– Extra Sleep Before – Make sure you get plenty of sleep the night before you leave. Riding in a plane for hours can drain your body of energy leaving you too tired to get work done. Trust us, you’ll be happy you got some extra hours of shut-eye.
– Morning Workouts – Wake up early to take a jog around the hotel, swim laps in the pool or experiment with the gym equipment. Whatever you do, don’t neglect your workout! We love jogging (in a safe area) because it helps us become familiar with the neighborhood we are staying in.
– Pack Healthy Snacks – When traveling we are surrounded by junk food. Packing a few of your favorite healthy snacks can be a lifesaver! Take a batch of your favorite granola or pick up some fruit at a market near your hotel.
– Research Before – Before you leave take a few minutes to find out where some healthy restaurants are in the area you’ll be staying in. Once you arrive to your destination and have to start working, you’ll be glad you already know where to grab a good salad.
– Water Water Water! – This tip is super important! Pack a water bottle in your suitcase and take it with you everywhere. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water each day. You won’t regret!
How do you stay healthy when traveling? Share your experiences below.